Saturday, March 2, 2013

Play: The Final Frontier

We have explored outer space. We have explored under the ocean. We have explored inside the body. It is time to explore play.

When I kick a stone, as an adult,I feel free, light, like a kid.

When I watch my favorite basketball team I am a satisfied fan. Being satisfied is play.

When I look into my wife's eyes, I see her. Play is doing nothing and looking with awareness.

Eating pizza at Maddios and using their multi-flavored soda machine is tasty. Play is eating in an interesting place.

When I take my time and walk unhurried in the parking lot at Kroger's I feel alive and solid. Play is taking my time.

As I write the above sentences, it is fun to discover the unintended rhythm. Play is going with the flow.

Being me is play. Play is self-acceptance.

Taking in Florida sunsets and full moons is a breath-taking experience. Play is soaking up the pleasure.

Listening to classical music is stimulating and fulfilling. Play is too.

For me:

Play is a feeling of space: not feeling crowded.

Play is thinking of examples of what play is.

Play is stroking smooth sculpted wood.

Play is learning something I didn't know. I didn't know I was going to write this sentence.

Play is losing myself in the story a client is telling me.

Play is having a light lunch and a heavy in-depth talk with a friend.

Play is walking in unfamiliar woods.

Play is enjoying a cleaned house.

Play is seeing a four star movie.

Play is empowering.

Play is soul-filling.









No comments:

Post a Comment